Thursday, September 7, 2023

GoldenValleyNC.com has MOVED to Blogger


 

September 7, 2023

If you're looking for our good old Golden Valley website HERE WE ARE!. After several iterations with a couple of different and lovely webmasters, I have decided that the WordPress platform simply won't work for me.  

In 2005 I launched a GoldenValleyNC website for the Golden Valley Community Club. The purpose of the site was to share information about the valley, some of my history articles, as well as guest articles, a place to post what was going on and general fodder for our community newsletter, which we ran through Constant Contact. That was great until my real estate business, McCallsRealEstate.com got too busy to keep up. I hired people to manage GoldenValleyNC and it just sat there. I always thought I'd find time to learn Wordpress....

The community website has been hacked repeatedly once by the Russian hackers using bots to get in through event calendars. Malicious code was inserted. It's required continual monitoring and the WP Themes have to be updated... I have to pay someone to do it. Blogger has some safeguards in place that will keep that from happening and at least I will be able to manage it myself. 

So, here we are - back home with Google. Hope all is well with you and yours! I'll be updating the site as I find time. If you've got a great link I need to put in my sidebar let me know. Thanks, Karen D. McCall



No comments: