Friday, April 20, 2012

Real Estate Trends in Bostic

What's happening in the Bostic NC real estate market? I've been asked this question so many times, that I usually prepare an excel spreadsheet and email it the first week of every month. This month, however, I've been asked to tell a group so, let me share information from an online source that I've come to use over REALTOR.com for reliable information.

The Rutherford County Board of REALTORS is a small local MLS. Because Bostic is in the sandwich between Cleveland and McDowell County and touching Burke to the east, we have real estate agents from each of these boards listing property in the county. I work with all of the agents. That's why I use our company owned lock boxes and not the electronic keyed Supra Boxes - which is a members only proposition. Oh, yes, I have a Supra Key - and it's not cheap - but I don't put their boxes on my listings. We have too many agents working in my area who don't use Supra Keys. We are a small local board but we have a full-fledged data feed, same as any other MLS in the nation, because of this I follow real estate results on Trulia, this gives me reports from ALL of the MLS listings in the area whether they're reported by the local MLS or not. This is what the data looks like today. From Trulia.com view the Marketing Report

Their information is not 100%, but it's getting better. It looks like, according to Trulia there are 189 homes on the market today 4/20/2012 see: KD's Real Estate Blog there's a Trulia Widget and you can see what's for sale in Bostic - zip code 28018.

No comments: